At Myra Falls Mine, we are committed to minimising the impact of our activities on the natural environment. We support policies that address the need to meet the demands of society without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- We will maintain appropriate environmental management systems.
- We will endeavour to make our operations as resource efficient as possible.
- We will progressively implement measures to improve the environmental performance of our operations.
- We will assess our impacts on biodiversity and ecosystem services and endeavour to avoid net losses and minimise impacts.
- We will have emergency procedures in place to deal with environmental incidents.
- We will conduct impact assessments for projects or activities that have the potential to impact the environment and affect communities.
- We will communicate with stakeholders to ensure they are informed about our environmental performance and relevant environmental risks that may impact them.